1. The state or quality of being resolute; determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action resolved on.
4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly or parliament.
5. Phys. & Chem. The act or process of separating or reducing something into its constituent parts.
6. The fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image.
7. Medic. The subsiding or termination of an abnormal condition.
8. Law. A court decision.
9. a. An explanation, as of a problem; a solution. b. The part of a literary work in which the plot is resolved or simplified.
10. Mus. a. The progression of a dissonant tone or chord to a consonant tone or chord. b. The tone or chord to which such a progression is made.
from The American Heritage College Dictionary. Houghton Mifflin Co. Boston, MA. 1997